Career questions

From: pulipal@netscape.net
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 09:28:30 EDT

    Cedarbrook Middle School
    300 Longfellow Avenue
    Wyncote, PA 19095

    In my science class, we have an assignment to ask questions online with a
    scientist about their life and there personality. The reason for this is to see if the stereotype we think about them is true. If you answer the
    following questions, it will really help us to get to the truth.
    1.What is your age group?

    2.Describe yourself.{Age, Race,Gender,etc}

    3.What kind of environment do you work in?

    4.Is there a certain type of uniform you wear?

    5.What kind of scientist are you?

    6.How much money do you make?

    7.How long did you have to go to school to be what you are today?

    8.Do you have a family?

    What kind of personality do you have?

    Thank you very much this will help us complete our project. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact my teacher at
    okenna@cheltenham.org.Please, forward this email to your colleagues, so we
    can get many responses by Sept 16th

    I just got one of these from some other kids who had an assignment due on 16 Sept. Anyhow, I just got your email today, so hopefully you can use the answers still. I don't know if your name is Sam or not, but just a helpful hint that if you are writing a letter to someone, it is really nice to also sign it.

    1. You didn't really give me any groups to choose from; I'm in my 30s.

    2. I'm 36, Caucasian, and female. Not sure what you want from 'etc'. We could be here all day if I go running with that.

    3. I pretty much work in an office.

    4. I have no uniform to work. I get to wear pretty much what I like in the office (except super casual, which I can wear in the field, like t-shirts and shorts and bathing suits)

    5. That's a loaded question. I think I'm a good scientist (haha). I'm a senior environmental scientist at this job and I'm a marine mammal biologist. I work at an environmental consulting firm.

    6. I'm not going to give you my exact salary here for the whole world to see. I will say that it's between $50,000 and $100,000. People with graduate degrees typically make more money than those who don't have one, which is why I'm in that range. People doing environmental management type work tend to make more money than those spending lots of time in the field.

    7. I went to high school, 4 years of undergraduate college to get a bachelor's degree, and 5.5 years of graduate school to get a Master's degree.

    8. I assume you're asking if I have children, since of course most everyone has a family (mom, dad, brothers, sisters, etc.). I do not.

    9. Personality, hmmm. I think I can be a nice person. I work hard and try to be very conscientious of the quality of product I produce. I'm definetely type A personality. Very driven. This doesn't mean that I don't get stressed out though.

    Hope this helps,
    Dagmar Fertl
    WhaleNet