Job responsibilities

From: Nancy Sadusky (education@savethemanatee.org)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 11:19:55 EST

    Hi Joseph,

    Thanks so much for your e-mail message. I'm the communications and outreach director for Save the Manatee Club, so it is my job to help people learn about manatees and how to help protect them.

    Here are some of the things I do at Save the Manatee Club: I am editor of our newsletter that goes out to all our members, and I also write press releases and send them to the media. I put together our educator's guide and send it out to teachers, and I also make sure that we have educational materials for students who are working on class projects or reports (you can find out how to request a student education packet on manatees by visiting our web site at: http://www.savethemanatee.org/edmat.htm). In addition, I created our web site and am responsible for making any changes. I also create other educational and public awareness materials such as brochures and videos, and I work with our volunteers.

    I appreciate your interest in my job at Save the Manatee Club. Many times, students write to me and ask how they can get a job working with manatees or helping to protect wildlife and the environment. I think the best thing students can do is to volunteer for a local environmental or wildlife organization or at a state or national park. You will gain valuable experience and meet people working in that area. Plus, people in those organizations have a chance to see you at work and might hire you when a job opens up!

    Good luck with your future career goals.

    Sincerely,
    Nancy Sadusky

    Communications and
    Outreach Director