Blue Whales

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 14:25:24 EST

    Question:
    What is average size on a female blue whales egg?

    Reply:
    Dear Donovan,
    Blue whales are mammals just like you and I. That means they give birth to
    live babies (calves), therefore they donıt lay eggs. Please go to
    WhaleNetıs archives about this subject at
    http://whale.wheelock.edu/archives/whalenet96/0182.html to learn more about
    blue whales.

    You can also learn about blue whales by using WhaleNetıs
    Species/Classification information page:
    http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/classifications.html and the
    behavior page at:
    http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/classifications.html.

    Thank you for your question. Happy Holidays!

    Kim

    Kim Marshall
    Executive Director
    Ocean Alliance (Whale Conservation Inst. & the Voyage of the Odyssey)
    191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA 01773
    781.259.0423 ext. 14 fax 259.0288
    www.oceanalliance.org www.pbs.org/odyssey
    Please support our efforts to conserve whales and their ocean environment
    through research and education :)