Request to Review Harbor Seal Story

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 03:45:19 EST

    Question:
     I am a freelance writer and have written a 550 word, two and a half page
    story for a children's magazine about a Harbor seal pup that becomes
    separated from it's family and reunited. The editor of the magazine I
    submitted this to expressed interest, but requested that I have this story
    "fact-checked by a naturalist or bioligist to be sure the details are
    accurate and the events possible." I wanted to ask if you might be
    interested in reviewing this story, and if not, if you might know of anybody
    that might be. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
    Sincerely, Rod Robison

    Reply:
    Hello Rod, I contacted Connie Merigo at the New England Aquarium. She is an
    expert on harbor seals. Her reply: ³We are currently in the midst of our
    second busiest turtle season on record so I don't really have much time
    right now. do you know when he needs it? If it can wait until after the
    holidays then I would be happy to review it for him but I can't get to it
    before that.² Connie Merigo, cmerigo@neaq.org
    So on that note I will have you contact her directly.

    Happy Holidays!
    Kim

    Kim Marshall
    Executive Director
    Ocean Alliance (Whale Conservation Inst. & the Voyage of the Odyssey)
    191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA 01773
    781.259.0423 ext. 14 fax 259.0288
    www.oceanalliance.org www.pbs.org/odyssey
    Please support our efforts to conserve whales and their ocean environment
    through research and education :)