gray whales, migration

From: core@coreresearch.org
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 13:12:52 EST

    Dear Kathryn,

    I remember this event specifically because it was in the media for weeks!
    It was a memorable event not only because it was a rescue, but also because
    scientists and workers teamed up from the Soviet Union and the United
    States, working side by side. This was during times of much tension between
    the two countries.

    As I recall, it was a matter of weeks for them to help the whales to open
    waters - and it was a successful rescue. The whales did survive. I'm sorry
    I don't remember the exact details - it was a long time ago!

    Thank you for your question!

    Sincerely,

    Lisa Foerster
    Director
    Center for Oceanic Research and Education
    245 Western Ave, Box 8
    Essex, MA 01929

    www.coreresearch.org