Use of hunted whales

From: core@coreresearch.org
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 13:45:28 EST

    My name is Adrian and I am doing a book report on The revenge of the Whale.
    It is the story of the journey of the "Essex". I learned what they used the
    whales for during the early 1800's. Can you tell me what is the use for the
    whales they hunt nowadays ? specifically Japan and Norway.
    Thanks

    Dear Adrian,

    The primary use for whales currently hunted is their meat. It is still
    considered a delicacy in Japan, and in Norway it is tradition to eat whale
    meat (sort of like the US having Turkey on Thanksgiving).

    Good luck with your report.

    Sincerely,

    Lisa Foerster
    Director
    Center for Oceanic Research and Education
    www.coreresearch.org

    http://mail2web.com/ .