Career

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 16:35:02 EST

    Question:
    Dear Kim Marshall
    > Hello, my name is Melody Palmer and i have resently become interested in a
    > career working with whales.
    > I was wondering, what i want to do is to work at a place like Sea world and
    > maybe be a trainer there, how much education would be needed to do that. If
    > deep sea study was not my main interest would i still need my masters in
    > marine biology? I guess that is my only question for now. Thank you so much
    > for your time.
    >
    > Reply:
    > Dear Melody, WhaleNet has a lot of links to information about careers with
    > whales. You will need to take as many science courses as you can but there
    > are a lot of options as to what degree you might need. Go to the ed_resource
    > page on WhaleNet.
    >
    > Thank you!
    > Kim

    Kim Marshall
    Executive Director
    Ocean Alliance (Whale Conservation Inst. & the Voyage of the Odyssey)
    191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA 01773
    781.259.0423 ext. 14 fax 259.0288
    www.oceanalliance.org www.pbs.org/odyssey
    Please support our efforts to conserve whales and their ocean environment
    through research and education :)