Why whales live in salt water

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 13:14:09 EST

    Question:
    I am in 6th grade now. I need to answer some question for my school paper.
    It is about whale. And I can't find the answer in the web page so I would
    like to ask you some question. The question are -why cant whales survive in
    the fresh water?

    Reply:
    Hi Aastha, the best answer to your question can be found on the WhaleNet
    archives section at http://whale.wheelock.edu/archives/ask97/0413.html. Let
    me know if this helps you.
    Thank you,
    Kim

    Kim Marshall
    Executive Director
    Ocean Alliance (Whale Conservation Inst. & the Voyage of the Odyssey)
    191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA 01773
    781.259.0423 ext. 14 fax 259.0288
    www.oceanalliance.org www.pbs.org/odyssey
    Please support our efforts to conserve whales and their ocean environment
    through research and education :)