Dolphin Organizations

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 10:10:10 EST

    Question:
    > Dear Kim Marshall, Hi, I am writing you to find out if you would be interested
    > in mentoring my daughter. She has the dream of becoming a dolphin trainer. I
    > have told her what the necessary education might be and that she needs to
    > study hard to achieve this dream. She's 12 yrs. old and full of possibilities.
    > I'm hoping to find a mentor for her. I don't really know what is required to
    > accomplish her goal. If you could provide any guidance it would be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Reply:
    > Dear Keith, First of all I suggest looking into the Dolphin Research Center
    > and the programs they offer. Their website is http://www.dolphins.org/.
    > Second please have a look at WhaleNet¹s
    > http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html section. There is
    > a host of information about careers and education.
    >
    > I would be more than happy to help ­ please use me as a resource any time!
    >
    > Thank you and good luck!
    > Kim

    Kim Marshall
    Executive Director
    Ocean Alliance (Whale Conservation Inst. & the Voyage of the Odyssey)
    191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA 01773
    781.259.0423 ext. 14 fax 259.0288
    www.oceanalliance.org www.pbs.org/odyssey
    Please support our efforts to conserve whales and their ocean environment
    through research and education :)