CO2 use by marine plants

From: Cathy Schaeff (schaeff@american.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 16:23:58 EST

    Hi Celeste,

    I am guessing from the way you stated your question that you know about
    photosynthesis and that plants use CO2 to produce organic carbon and O2.
    First, make sure that everything was the same for the three experiments --
    little things like temperature and distance from a window or other light
    source could make a big difference. Photosynthesis is a chemical reaction --
    think about what else is needed for the reaction and what other factors
    might influence the speed and extent of the reaction.

    Let me know how you do.

    Cathy Schaeff