mass strandings

From: Cathy Schaeff (schaeff@american.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 16:46:18 EST

    Hi Andrei,

    You are referring to mass strandings. They typically involve odonticetes (toothed whales) rather than baleen species. There is quite a bit of info on this through whalenet (http://whale.wheelock.edu/Search.html). Try searching using the terms mass strandings. If you need statistical information, I would suggest you start by searching scientific articles at jstor (http://www.jstor.org/).

    Hope that this helps,

    Cathy Schaeff