Purpusing an interest in Marine Biology

From: Cathy Schaeff (schaeff@american.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 16:41:36 EST

    Hi John,

    There are a large number of sites with information about whales but much of it is fairly superficial. If you have done a thorough search of the internet (e.g., sites like the International Whaling Commission (http://www.iwcoffice.org/Default.htm), whalenet, Society for the Study of Marine Mammals) then, in order to get the depth you are interested in, I would suggest going to books and scientific articles. You should be able to identify appropriate titles online but make sure that you check out the special volumes put out by the International Whaling Commission and the Smithsonian publications (http://www.si.edu/publications/).

    Best,

    Cathy Schaeff