RE: Unknown Whale/Dolphin

From: Greg Early (gearly1@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 17:08:53 EDT

    Yikes,

    I may have to get some help with this one. If you have another shot that
    shows the underside a bit better and could get an idea of the number and
    shape of teeth (if there were any) that would help, but I'll probably have
    to call a few people to check. You are right about the age. This appears
    to be very young (if not a still birth). A wild guess would be an animal
    called Fraser's Dolphin. This animal is pretty widely distributed (but to
    be honest I am not sure has a range around the Seychelles), but given the
    color pattern (or lack thereof) this was my first thought. False killer
    whale might be another possibility.

    I'll see what I can dig up.

    ge