Cells

From: tom tilas (TKTilas@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 11:26:34 EDT

    Question:
    I'm trying to find out how many cells are there in a whale and if there
    is any otherthat has more cells than a whale.  Hope you can help.

    Reply:
    Dear Kathy,
    Your question is hard to answer because there are many types of cells in
    all animals. In humans there are 200 types of cells that are different
    shapes, sizes and carry out different functions. I found this site to
    be very helpful in defining cellular biology:
    http://www.cbc.umn.edu/~mwd/cell_www/cell_intro.html.

    Also try WhaleNet's bibliography section at
    http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html#biblio to
    find more information about cell biology.

    Good luck!
    Kim Marshall