Undergraduate Enquiry

From: Greg Early (gearly1@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 10:29:52 EDT

    Actually WhaleNet has quite a good collection of links and contacts that can get you started. You should also consider joining a professional society (European Cetacean Society, Society of marine mamamology in the US) adn subscribe to a marine mammal listserv (MARMAM). These can give you an idea of the work that is being done and the type of background you might want to go for. If an important part of your decision is to relocate to this side of the pond, you might consider attending the society for marine mammology conference in December. This would probably be a very good networking opportunity as a lot of this conference is aimed at students.

    Good Luck,

    ge