Gestation, whale

From: Dagmar Fertl (dfertl@geo-marine.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 15:26:32 EST

    To whom this may concern,
    I have a question. Could you please tell me how long whales remain pregnant
    until they give birth? When you get a chance, can you please email me back
    at littleliz9@yahoo.com
    Thank you, liz

     Liz,

    Your question is about the gestation period, or the time period that a
    female is pregnant. Gestation periods vary depending on which species of
    whale you are taking about. Gestation varies from 10 to 14 months. For more
    information on this topic, I suggest you go back to the WhaleNet archives to
    see if any additional questions of yours have been previously answered.

    Dagmar