Minke Whales, how to look for information

From: Dagmar Fertl (dfertl@geo-marine.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 09:11:31 EST

    Hi! I am doing a research project on Minke Whales for my Biology Class. I was wondering if you could send me some information or experience that you have with Minke Whales...I would really appreciate it!! Thanks!!
    EL
    E,

    I'm wondering if you are in the same class with a student who wrote to me yesterday from your school (now I know that ya'll are in LA), who actually had done most of her project on killer whales, and who told me that she had been working on her project for a few weeks, and that it was due this Friday...in a few days from today! eeek! You have some serious hussling to do!

    I would be more than happy to answer SPECIFIC questions you have on minke whales AFTER you do some basic research on them. I recommend that you go to your school or public library and at the very least use an encyclopedia. Since you are in Baton Rouge, I know very well that you have Louisiana State University there and that they have a collection of marine mammal books. Maybe your parents can drive you over to use the library. Additionally, I suggest that you look thru the WhaleNet archives, because I'm positive that questions about minke whales have been previously asked and answered. Last, but not least, I just googled 'minke whale' and found a ton of different websites. Why don't you look thru all the different pieces of information, and if you come up with a question that you couldn't find an answer to, or you have conflicting pieces of information, then I can better help you. I shouldn't be a replacement for good old-fashioned detective work.

    Good luck and happy sleuthing! Minke whales are very cool animals. There are a few records for this species in the Gulf of Mexico, but they are not really expected to occur here.

    Regards,
    Dagmar Fertl