Whale sentience...intelligence

From: Erich Hoyt (erich.hoyt@virgin.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 04:16:47 EST

    ----------
    >From: "Walter Lutsch" <afirecelt@hotmail.com>
    >To: erich.hoyt@virgin.net
    >Subject: Question about whale sentience...
    >Date: Wed, Nov 26, 2003, 7:19 PM
    >

    > Hello,
    >
    > Though I'm sure you are bogged down with questions from little kids because
    > of WhaleNet's posting of your e-mail, I have a question for you.
    > I am currently conductiing reasearch on the possible sentience of whales and
    > dolphins for my year long "Breakout" project at Skyview Jr. High. I wish to
    > know if,
    > a) reasearch is being pursued on that subject and
    > b) if you have any information on that subject.
    >
    > Please get back to me,
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Walter Lutsch
    > Freshman
    > Skyview Jr. High
    > afirecelt@hotmail.com

    Dear Walter

    Yes there is research going on and information available. The best place to
    start is on the whalenet website. Try searching for "intelligence" at
    http://whale.wheelock.edu/Search.html and read through the various answers.
    It will give you some leads. Please come back to me if you need more.

    Good luck!

    Erich Hoyt