Fictional whale migration

From: Orca Network (howard@orcanetwork.org)
Date: Thu Dec 25 2003 - 12:33:07 EST

My name is Paige and I'm in the middle of writing a young adult novel. To
sum it up, my main character is witnessing some strange things in the
ocean. My sea creatures are behaving oppositely of their nature. I want to
have my character witness a breaching off the North Carolina and also
eating something not in their normal feeding habits.

Firstly, do you know of any sightings off the shores of NC? And what is
something a whale would not feed on? Remeber, this is fiction!!
Thanks,
Paige Hales

I'm not highly familiar with sightings off the shores of NC, but I
understand there are dolphins most of the year, and right whales pass by in
the spring and fall. Perhaps a seastar, lobster or jellyfish would be
something a whale wouldn't eat.

Howard Garrett
Orca Network
Greenbank WA