Information on Sei Whales

From: Tom Ford (tjfketos@rcn.com)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 19:08:38 EST

    Hello Candice,

    Sei whales are mammals and therefore vertebrates. Their skin feels like a
    wet rubber tube. The skin is uncovered and they rely on a layer of blubber
    under the skin to stay warm. they do have a few hairs on the tip of the chin
    and near the blowhole.
    They breathe like you do through a nose. The nose of all whales (blowhole)
    has simply moved to the top of the head.

    Whalenet is the place to find what you need. Please use the search function
    and look for baleen whales. any of the characteristics described under the
    term balaenopterids will help describe the general structures of a sei
    whale.

    You can do a good report with that information.
    Feel free to ask more if you run into trouble.

    Happy keyboarding

    Dr. T Ford