questions about blue whales

From: Tom Ford (tjfketos@rcn.com)
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 21:01:54 EST

    Dear Jessica,

    Blue whales make sounds by passing air back and forth inside their bodies.
    The moving air causes vibration in the tissues that they pass over. That is
    heard as a hum. Those hums are very loud indeed.

    Blue whales are very dark inside. Unlike refrigerators there is no light in
    there. The insides if a blue whale are very much like the insides of any
    mammal just much bigger. Lungs , heart stomach , intestines, liver, small
    spleen, kidneys and brain all just like us only twisted around to fit their
    life in the ocean.

    Dr. Tom ford