Blue Whale Size

From: Tom Ford (tjfketos@rcn.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 23:51:15 EST

    Dear Amy,

    Consider three school busses parked end to end. An average blue whale is
    almost that long.

    The heart of a blue whale is the size of a volkswagen beetle automobile.
    A small child could crawl through the aorta of a blue whale.
    an average human being weighs 135 pounds. An average blue whale weighs180000
    pounds.

    a search here on Whalenet for blue whale will disclose other size
    comparisons.

    Dr. Tom Ford