Whale singing

From: Tom Ford (tjfketos@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 29 2005 - 01:00:12 EST

Dear Oliver,

The whales most known for singing are humpback whales. Humpbacks sing mostly
for mating purposes. All the whales in a mating area sing the same song. The
song changes from year to year. Only males are known to sing. If you use the
"search whalenet "function on the home page you will get at least 70 hits
with much more detailed information.

Dr. Roger Payne has produced two popular recordings of humpback whales.

I do hope this sets you on the wDr. Tom Ford