most common whale (fwd)

From: what@whale.wheelock.edu
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 08:52:00 EDT

    Hello Colston ,

    The most common baleen whale worldwide is the minke whale. I think the sperm
    whale is the most common large toothed whale.

    The type of whale most commonly seen depends on where you are looking and
    the season of the year. For example if you were on Point Reyes , California
    in the fall the most common whale would be the migrating grey whales.

    Should you be in the san Juan islands of Washington the most common whale
    would be the killer whale. Hawaii in January would be the place to see
    humpback whales, and Argentina in October southern right whales.

    Keep your eyes open ,

    Dr. Tom Ford