Subject: jobs??-ENGINEERING STUDENT! (fwd)

Thu, 17 Oct 1996 08:44:16 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 16 Oct 96 13:47 EST
From: CLAPHAM.PHIL@SIMNH.SI.EDU
To: "G.ask [Private Mail Group]"@SIMNH.SI.EDU
Subject: Copy of: QUESTION FROM AN ENGINEERING STUDENT!

Original message: "QUESTION FROM AN ENGINEERING STUDENT!"
From: <<@je>>

Hi,

I am an electrical engineering student attending
Memorial University of Newfoundland (Canada).

All my life I have been interested in marine life, and marine research.
However, I have choosen to follow a career in engineering.  I am in a
co-op program (thats a program where I go to school for 4 months and then
work for 4 months), I already have excellent work experience in
communications, and I am looking to expand.  This is why I am contacting
you.  I was wondering if you know of any job's that exist for an
engineer in marine research.  I am not looking for a job right now,
just wondering if there are any jobs out there where  I could apply my
skills and thinking about what kinds of jobs could I get now
that would improve my chances later.

If you can help me out, or put me contact with someone wheo can I
would greatly appriciate it.

Thanks

Response #1:  CLAPHAM,PHIL
Actually, a good person to talk to is right there at Memorial:
Dr Jon Lien.  Jon has worked for years with marine mammals,
and has established various collaborations, some outside his
own field (I remember one a few years back where he got
together with a naval engineer to look at the dynamics of
whale swimming).  He is in the biology department and is a
very nice guy; I suspect he'll have some good ideas.

Good luck!

Phil Clapham