Subject: Stephanie

Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:41:49 -1000 (HST)

Hi Dan!

Guess what?  Stephanie is a hooded SEAL!  I found her pictures on the Web
page:  http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/slide_shows/steph/

Her story is apparantly that she was sick and stranded on the beach.  She
was picked up and rehabilitated at Wheelock College, then release back
into the wild with a tracking tag attached.  Look at that page, and you
will get the whole story!  :)

Thanks for you question.  Please let me know if you have any more
questions!

Aloha -

Jen Philips

 On Mon, 4 Nov 1996 DLT6143@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Jen,
>            My name is Dan. For my science class we were asked to research
> about Stephanie (at whale.wheelock.edu) for extra credit. Anyway, I went
> there and I couldn't find anything on Stephanie, but I think It's a whale. So
> I was wondering if you know anything about it?
>                                                 Thanks for your time, Dan R.
>
> P.S. write back!:-)

Jennifer D. Philips				jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu

Marine Mammal Research Program - HIMB		(808) 236-4001
University of Hawaii, Manoa
Honolulu, HI  96822	      "First, there were some amoebas. Deviant
			       amoebas adapted better to the environment,
			       thus becoming monkeys..."