Subject: Re: sea lion age

Daniel K. Odell (odell@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:58:08 -0500 (EST)

Dear Matt:

There are several kinds of sea lions but I will assume that you are
talking about the California sea lion.
We don't have the exact numbers but females typically live longer than
males.  And, it all depends on how the 'average' is calculated.  Overall,
sea lions live 17-18 years with males less than the overall average and
females greater than the overall average.

Dan Odell
Sea World