Subject: Orcas

Pieter Folkens (animalbytes@earthlink.net)
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 00:53:43 -0700

>Dear Sirs:
>        I am doing a report on Orca whales, and I can't find very much
>information on them.  If you have any information on them,would you please
>send it to me.  If you don't have any information available, that is fine.
>Thank you for your time.
>                                                        Sincerely,
>                                                        Hillary Jones
>
>Hillary Jones
>7th Grade
>Hartington Public Schools

I've got a dozen or so books specifically on killer whales in my library.
Transcribing that information onto the net would be 1) time consuming and
2) illegal for copyright reasons.

I suggest you go to your local library or large book store. In both of
those places you should be able to find 'A Whale Called Killer' (also known
as Orca, A Whale Called Killer) by Erich Hoyt. It's a very good start on
the subject. Look also for these authors under the same subject heading:
Sarah Heimlich-Boran, Kenneth Balcomb, Micahel Bigg, John Ford, Gramme
Ellis.

Cheers,

Pieter Folkens

   \\|