Subject: Web site

Peter Scheifele (scheifel@uconnvm.uconn.edu)
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 14:46:12 -0500

I'm not really very good with socio-political questions however, I think
that what is happenning is wrong.  I also think that other cultures are of
very different "mindstes" than we are.  This puts us in a position where
making judgements from solely our own points of view may not be appropriate.

I do think that there are ways of showing disapproval and "making a point"
that may be more socially appropriate.  The people of Japan, in my
judgement, are misinformed.

At 10:31 PM 4/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I asked you a question about Taiji 5 earlier and I gave to a web site
>and it wasn't 100% right and it's bugging me.  The correct on is
>http://members.aol.com/stejacorca/taiji5.htm   I also want to add to my
>question.  Do you think that the US has any right to interfere with what
>Japan is doing, and do you think it is right?

Peter M. Scheifele
National Undersea Research Center
University of Connecticut
Bioacoustic Research