Subject: Narwhal

Peter Scheifele (scheifel@uconnvm.uconn.edu)
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 15:37:18 -0500

Dear Weston,

        Narwhals eat squid, polar cod, crabs, and some fish.

        They tend to stay in the Acrtic region

        Narwhals can number n herds of thousands which are broken down into
"family" groups of twenty or son individuals.

        Babys tend to stay with Mom for up to 12 months, I'm not sure of the
length of pregnancy.

At 03:12 PM 4/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am a student from Chester-Andover Elementary school in Chester, Vt.
>I am in the fourth grade and my name is Weston.  I have a few
>questions on the Narwhal.
>
>1. What do the Narwhal's eat?
>
>2. Do they migrate to warmer climates? And where?
>
>3.What relationship do Narwhal's have to eachother,do they live in a
>family unit or alone. How long do the babies stay with their mothers?
>How long are narwhal's pregent?
>
>Thank you for any help you can give me.

Peter M. Scheifele
National Undersea Research Center