Subject: Heart Rates

Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:26:11 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:58:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: "w. jones" <mermaid@grove.ufl.edu>
To: Ginni <ginmof@algorithms.com>
Cc: pita@whale.simmons.edu, krill@whale.simmons.edu
Subject: Re: How many times a minute does a whale's heart beat?

Hi Ginni,
I went to the library to find the answer to your question, however, I
could not find a book that gave me the answer.  I am sure that the heart
rate is different for different species due to size.  A dolphin's heart
rate might be more rapid than a blue whale's heart rate.  I left a message
for a friend of mine who might know the answer.  I told him that you
needed the answer tonight.  Just in case, he doesn't get back to me in
time, you might want to try e-mailing Dr. Robin Baird at rbaird@UVic.ca.
He might know the answer.  In the meantime, I'll let you know if my friend
knows and write you this evening.  I'm sorry I can't be more help at this
moment.  Hopefully, someone can get the answer to you in time.  I hope you
have a good day.

Wanda Jones