Subject: Classification/whales

Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:28:11 -0400 (EDT)

Go to the Ed. resources page on Whalenet and go to the Classification
links.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:20:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: "w. jones" <mermaid@grove.ufl.edu>
To: "J. F. KENNEDY MIDDLE SCHOOL" <jkennedy@usa.nai.net>
Cc: pita@whale.simmons.edu, krill@whale.simmons.edu
Subject: Re: gabe & Rachael

Hi Gabe and Rachael,

All whales belong to the class Mammalia.  Blue whales are members of the
family Balaenopteridae, their genus is Balaenoptera, and their species
name is musculus.  Gray whales are members of the family Mysticeti, their
genus is Eschrichtius, and their species name is robustus.  If you have
any more questions, drop me a line.  Have a good weekend.

Wanda Jones