Subject: Whale (fwd)

Sun, 4 May 1997 09:20:38 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 14:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: "w. jones" <mermaid@grove.ufl.edu>
To: Martha Gray <graym@belnet.bellevue.k12.wa.us>
Cc: pita@whale.simmons.edus, krill@whale.simmons.edu
Subject: Re: Whale

Hi Job,

Yes. I think whales are very cool animals.  They live their entire life in
the ocean.  They can dive to depths in the ocean that humans cannot dive
to.  They are very large and still very gentle.  They are also intelligent
animals.  There have been many times that whales could have hurt humans
that were in the ocean or in boats, but they never did.  Even when humans
were hunting them, they did not deliberately attack any human that they
came across.  They only defended themselves and their babies if they were
attacked by humans.  That is a lot more than I can say for humans.  People
will attack each other for no reason other than to be mean.  So I often
wonder, who is smarter?  Whales or people?  I know who gets my vote.

I hope you have a good weekend, Job.

W. Jones