Subject: Biology/Pre-vet Studies

Lori Mazzuca (lorim@soest.hawaii.edu)
Thu, 8 May 1997 15:20:49 -1000 (HST)

Dear Joelle,
	Thank you for your questions about doing research with me and what
your qualifications would have to be.  First, I am not in a position to
have people study with me and I am leaving for New Zealand to study more
myself within the next few months.  Second, Pre-vet is not my specialty,
but I can tell you I have some good connections if you want to study with
a good vet in Hawaii--and do it in the area of marine mammals.  I would
advise you to contact :  Dr. Shannon Atkinson at--
shannon@soest.hawaii.edu

I will let Shannon know I have told you to do so.  She works closely
with Dr. Jay Sweeney, owner of Dolphin Quest on the Big Island of
Hawaii.  He has been very generous with his time to pre-vet and/or vet
students if you are eager to learn and a good student.  Several of
Shannon's students have received excellent opportunities through Jay.
You are doing the right thing by searching.  Keep it up and you will find
the best suitable program and mentor.

Sincerely,
Lori Mazzuca