Subject: Red Tide

Lori Mazzuca (lorim@soest.hawaii.edu)
Fri, 9 May 1997 09:20:40 -1000 (HST)

Dear Bruce,
=09You are right, I do recall hearing about cetacean deaths due to
a red tide in the Sea of Cortez recently. I have deleted the messages from
my mailbox, yet I am sure it came through via the marmam list server.  I
have forwarded you the April News (althought I don't see the subject
listed) that you can access on the net.  If this does not turn up the
information that you seek, you might try writing the Marmam Editors and/or
posting the question to the lists members.  Good luck!  If I come across
the information I will save your address and post it to you.

Sincerely,
Lori

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 10:56:00 GMT
From: r.mallon1@genie.com
To: MARMAM@uvvm.uvic.ca
Subject: MarmamNews for April 1997

------
The following articles were uploaded to MarmamNews in April 1997.
MarmamNews can be found at

http://members.aol.com/marmamnews

04/01/1997
   Moby prepared for final journey
   Sea Grant News, Notes From Around the Nation
   Deutschland/ Greenpeace-Mitbegr=FCnd..
   DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE 50 CFR Part 648 National ...

04/02/1997
   Moby set for final resting place
   Tragic Moby dragged away
   Brite-Amorous Whale
   Moving Moby's body poses problems
   Moby heads for last resting place
   Offshore drilling `Driving whales to their deaths'
   CMC: Government Acts to Cut Shark Catches in Half
   Shark Limits

04/03/1997
   SA: Stranded whale dead, Environment Dept reveals
   Shark Limits

04/04/1997
   Lobstermen denounce right whale rules
   Department of Commerce: National Oceanic and ...

04/06/1997
   Experts seek entangled minke whale
   Antarctic Warming Stirs Worries
   Otters get their own Des Res

04/07/1997
   Beached baby whales confuse scientists
   BRF--Mexico-Dolphin Deaths

04/08/1997
   DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE National Oceanic and ...

04/09/1997
   Environmental Groups Urge Congress to Save ...

04/10/1997
   Right whales recover strongly off S.Africa
   Sea World Of Florida Guests 'Wading' To Meet Dolphins

04/12/1997
   Researchers suspect whales may have dialects ...
   Latin American Briefs

04/14/1997
   B.C. Indians Plan To Hunt Again
   Dolphin back in Cuba after ecologists' battle

04/15/1997
   QLD: Fishermen threaten legal action over fishing ban

04/16/1997
   BRF--Maybe Baby Beluga
   Congress Comes Closer to Dismantling Dolphin-Safe ...
   U.S. House panel votes to lift tuna embargo
   Dolphin-Tuna

04/17/1997
   Help Rescue Texas Dolphins

04/18/1997
   Black Finless Porpoise Settle in New Home
   Maine protests right whale rules
   Maine lobsters vs. right whales

04/21/1997
   Nujoma delays on seal charges

04/22/1997
   Manatee protection bill killed

04/23/1997
   Chinese Wetlands Get State Protection For Rare Animals
   Sailor hopes to break record, save orcas

04/24/1997
   Yachtsman sets sights on Pacific record
   House Votes To Kill Biosphere Money
   Moby's death remains a mystery
   Public hearings - Large Whale Take Reduction Plan
   Lawmakers ask Clinton to push Japan to save whales

04/27/1997
   Pingers' may preserve thr porpoise

04/28/1997
   US FWS: Agency announces approval of permits for ...
   Killer whales preying on gray whale migration
   U.S. Navy requests MMPA modification

04/30/1997
   Whalers may be helping seals