Subject: Naturalist work

Lori Mazzuca (lorim@soest.hawaii.edu)
Wed, 14 May 1997 12:16:43 -1000 (HST)

Dear Kelsey,
	Thank you for your interest in my study/work with whales.  I have
information being sent to your home shortly. I have done, and am doing,
many things. I began as a volunteer working in a education and research
facility with captive dolphins.  Since then, I have assisted on research
projects gathering informatin on wild dolphins and on humpback whales.
Since much of the research work does not pay, I have either received
credit toward a graduate degree, I have worked side jobs to pay the rent,
and/or both simultaneously.  The dolphins and whales are intriguing,
amazing, and fun--but to work with and around them for a living is
challenging!  I am still working toward an eventual PhD--which will
hopefully help me create the life that I have always dreamed of
living.  If you are interested in the field, my best advice is to make
sure you take the sciences, maths, physics, chemistrys, and/or statistics
classes offered in hight school---and then continue that in college toward
the branch of marine studies you choose.  Good luck!

Sincerely,
Lori