Subject: Orca

Lori Mazzuca (lorim@soest.hawaii.edu)
Fri, 16 May 1997 07:39:10 -1000 (HST)

Dear Alexis,
	Thank you for your interest in orcas and the west coast of the
United States.  You asked what summer month is the best to see orcas in
the Washington and/or San Juan Islands?  I'm not sure which is a better
month, but I have friends who see them in July everytime they go to the
San Juan Islands.  I would say July is a good month to see many things
there.
	As far as your second question asking if I know a boat to sail in
Oregon, Washington, or California....I do not happen to know one.  My
suggestion is to ask the local people, as they would know.  Some of my
best tips while travelling come from people who know the area. I can tell
you that if you have the time, and don't get too sea sick, the Blue Whales
are being found out in the Santa Barbara Channel by the islands during
the summer months.

Have a fun time!  Aloha-Lori