Subject: Pod

Lindsay J Porter (
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:12:16 +0800

>My name is Celia, I am 7. Me and my brother Toby need to find out what a
>group of whales is called, can you tell me please?
>Celia & Toby Millward.

Dear Celia and Toby,
Thank you for your question.  A group of whales is usually called a "pod" of
whales, whereas a group of dolphins is usually called a "school" 

If I can help you with anything else please don't hesitate to email.
best wishes 
Dolphin Research Group
The Swire Institute of Marine Science
The University of Hong Kong
Cape d'Aguilar
Shek O
Hong Kong