Subject: Jobs in the Cetology field

Yankee Fleet: Carol Hill/Lisa Foerster (yankee@tiac.net)
Wed, 03 Sep 1997 16:16:45 -0700

There are several jobs available in the marine mammal field.  Computer skills are
evidently important for the management of our data and general communication and office
work.  Unfortunately, there are not a lot of high paying positions in this field.
Volunteerism abounds and remains to be one of the staples - we rely heavily on interns
and volunteers to help with our field data collection and general office work.  One of
the only ways to actually secure a staff position is to first become a volunteer.  It is
that way in several scientific fields and this is no different.  If I can answer any
other specific questions regarding internships, etc., please feel free to contact me
via this e-mail address!