Subject: Marine Bio Career:Interest in marine life. (fwd)

Thu, 11 Sep 1997 13:43:45 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:14:21 -0700
From: "Leah R. Gerber" <leah@fish.washington.edu>
To: rosy@mt.net, pita@www1.wheelock.edu
Subject: Re: Interest in marine life.

>Hello there.  I am a high school student who is very interested in the
>career of marine biology.  if you have any information that could help
>me pursue this career please send it.  Thank you for your time.

Dear Rosy,

I am sorry it's taken me so long to respond to you. I have been thinking
about your question about pursuing a career in marine mammal science, and
would like to encourage you to gain experience relevant to your career in
marine biology but also warn you that the field is highly competitive and
the job market is not so good! You might check out the Society for Marine
Mammalogy home page:

http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~smm/home.html

"Strategies for Pursuing a career in Marine Mammal Science"

Good luck, Leah