Subject: False Killer Whales

Sat, 11 Oct 1997 08:44:25 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 11:40:57 +0000
From: manatee@america.com
To: Os Traquinas da Boa Vida <nop26312@mail.telepac.pt>
Cc: pita@whale.wheelock.edu
Subject: Marine mammal links and informations

Your question was:

I've been told by experts is whale watching two deeply opposite
things: 1st: false killer whales are very dangerous, perhaps the most
dangerous mammal among all dolphins and whales species. 2nd: false
killer whales are the most sociable whle (or dolphin).        Which
of these two informations is correct?
Fernando Pinto

My answer is:

Dear Fernando,

Thanks for your question regarding killer whales.  Unfortunately, my
speciality is manatees, so I don't know the answer to your question.
Perhaps you might try one of the experts at WhaleNet
located at:  http://whale.wheelock.edu.

Sincerely,
Nancy Sadusky

     Communications Director