Subject: Killer Whales/web sites/feeding

Courtney Stirling Casey (stirling@gsosun1.gso.uri.edu)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:41:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi Maggie,
	One good web site for basic killer whale information and a few
references is: http://www.bev.net/education/SeaWorld
I am certain that you will be able to find a lot more simply by doing a
web search using killer whale as a search word.
	Killer whales are predators.  They swim after their prey and then
catch it with their teeth.  They feed on other marine mammals, fish,
birds, turlte, and sharks.  Killer whales can feed alone or in groups.
When in groups they can swim in such a manner as to corral schools of fish
to make them easier to catch. So, the eyes of killer whales are important
to their feeding.  They can also echolocate to identify where prey are
located to help them hunt it down.  Good luck with your repor!

Peace, Courtney