Subject: whales

Jen Philips (jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:50:01 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, knickers wrote:

> Hello, our daughter is very interested in anything to do with whales
> (especially Orcas). I am writing this from her computer. The main reason I
> am contacting you is to get her talking to you herself. I know she has alot
> of questions and is planing on going to college to learn more. Look forward
> to hearing from you.
>
>                                                            Knickers in
> Wisconsin

Aloha Knickers in Wisconsin -

Your dad emailed me about your interest in whales and orcas.  I'm a
graduate student at the University of Hawaii studying dolphin
echolocation, planning on teaching and doing research with whales and
dolphins as direction in my career.  If you have any questions you might
want to ask, advice you think I might me able to offer, or just want to
chat, you're welcome to email me anytime!  For now, Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year!

Aloha -Jen Philips

Jennifer D. Philips				jphilips@soest.hawaii.edu

Marine Mammal Research Program - HIMB		(808) 236-4001
University of Hawaii, Manoa
Honolulu, HI  96822	      "First, there were some amoebas. Deviant
			       amoebas adapted better to the environment,
			       thus becoming monkeys..."       - S.Adams