Subject: research for younger children (fwd)

Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:52:08 -0500 (EST)

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:27:50 -0500
From: Peter Scheifele <scheifel@uconnvm.uconn.edu>
To: Tina Gilbert <tgilbert@brodnet.com>
Cc: ask@whale.simmons.edu, pita@whale.simmons.edu
Subject: Research for younger children

Dear Tina and Benjamin-

        Unfortunately, other than WhaleNet I don't know of much for younger
children although you might try contacting Mystic Marinelife Aquarium or
your local aquarium and ask for the education department.  They sometimes
have programs.  Mystic's number is:  860-572-5955   Ask for Julie or Trina
or someon else in education.  Tell them I sent you!

Best-
Peter

At 10:22 PM 1/19/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Peter,
>My eight year old son, Benjamin is interested in learning any and all he
can about whales.  We have tried looking on the Web for different things,
but they get too complicated to understand some times.  Is there any sites
out there that you know, that may be geared to the younger generation?  He
is especially interested in joining the Adopt a Whale program.  Will this
help him any?  Being in Wisconsin you don't see a lot about whales up here.
He would like to get into Marine Biology when he gets older.  Thanks for any
info you can send

>Tina and Benjamin Gilbert
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
>
><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META content='"MSHTML 4.71.1712.3"' name=GENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Peter,</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>My eight year old son, Benjamin is interested in learning
any
>and all he can about whales.&nbsp; We have tried looking on the Web for
>different things, but they get too complicated to understand some times.&nbsp;
>Is there any sites out there that you know, that may be geared to the younger
>generation?&nbsp; He is especially interested in joining the Adopt a Whale
>program.&nbsp; Will this help him any?&nbsp; Being in Wisconsin you don't
see a
>lot about whales up here.&nbsp; He would like to get into Marine Biology
when he
>gets older.&nbsp; Thanks for any info you can send</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Tina and Benjamin Gilbert</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Peter M. Scheifele
National Undersea Research Center
University of Connecticut
Bioacoustic Research