Subject: Diving

Dagmar Fertl (Dagmar_Fertl@mms.gov)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:32:38 -0500

     Dear Jen,

     I would suggest that you go back through the WhaleNet Archives.  I
     answered two questions yesterday on diving and marine mammals that
     listed some useful references.  After you've had a chance to look at
     those, feel free to ask additional questions.

     Dagmar

Subject: marine mammal diving response
Author:  wagnermp@plu.edu at ~smtp
Date:    2/6/98 9:37 AM

Hi there!  I am doing a senior research project on marine mammals and
their ability to dive for extended periods of time.  My goal is to
encompass topics such as the anatomical and physiological aspects as well
as any genetic, ecological, or other impacts this phenomenon might have
on human diving.  I was wondeirng if you might have any information you
could send me or if you could steer me in the right direction for
obtaining information.  Thank you very much.

                                        Sincerely,
                                                Jen Tinker
                                                Pacific Lutheran Univ
Jen Tinker