Subject: Marine Biology

Aldemaro Romero (aRomero@herald.infi.net)
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 23:05:16 -0500

> Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:31:10 +0100
> From: Mark Suchomel <speak4dead@earthlink.net>
> To: aRomero@ACC.FAU.EDU, pita@whale.wheelock.edu
> Subject: Marine Biology
>
>  Hello I am really intrested in marine biology.  I have been since 5th
> grade and I am in 8th grade nowand I wan't to be a marie biologist.  I
> just wanted to know how many years of colledge it took to become one.

Dear Mark:

Depending how far you want to go in terms of training. The minimum would
be a bachelor's degree, usually 4 years. Master's another 3 and Ph.D.
around 4 years. This varies a lot, though. Some universities may place
you directly in their Ph.D. program just with a bachelor's degree. Some
people spend between 1 and 3 years doing postdoctoral studies.

Best wishes,

Aldemaro Romero, Ph.D.