Subject: Blue Whale

Leah Gerber (leah@fish.washington.edu)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:41:33 -0800

At 09:46 PM 3/17/98 EST, you wrote:
>I am looking for Information about Blue Whales, and more specifically the
blue
>whale that was found dead off the coast of Newport, Rhode Island.  I need
this
>info for a speech and can not find anything on here!  Thank you!   TMC77

Hello,

I will be happy to provide information about blue whales but it would be
helpful if you could provide more specific questions. I am afraid I do not
know much about the stranded blue whale off Newport (I am in Seattle
Washington). Blue whales are the largest mammals on earth. Their favorite
food is krill (called euphausids). Their blows are very tall, about 6 feet
tall!  They are very shy and elusive animals. Please let me know if you
have specific questions and I will get back to you.

Cheers, Leah