Subject: bottle nosed whale

Leah Gerber (leah@fish.washington.edu)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 15:58:47 -0800

At 10:21 AM 3/25/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Leah,
>
>My name is Niki.I am 8 years old.I am in third grade.I am studying a
>Bottled Nosed whale.What does it eat?How much does it weigh?How many
>times a year does it give birth?Where does it live?
>

>                                           Niki Nemerovsky

Dear Niki,

Bottlenose whales are usually about 7-9 meters long. Males are usually
larger than females, and newborns are about 3 meters long in length.  The
species is slow to mature and long-lived. They are probably deep and
prolonged divers and eat pelagic fish and squid.  It seems that many whales
of different age and sex travel together.

Cheers, Leah