Subject: Humpback whales

Cara M. Gubbins (cgubbins@hargray.com)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:51:36 -0400

Hi, Blake,
Thanks for the challenging question. The best information I was able to
find was from an ASK archive from October 31, 1997, which you can check
from the WhaleNet ASK page. Adult humpback whales are 45-60 feet long,
10-12 feet high and about 8-10 feet wide. Sizes vary a lot by
individual, though. Whale and dolphin flukes are generally slightly
wider than their bodies, so I would suggest going with the 10 foot
range.

Hope this helps,
Cara