Subject: whaling

Cara M. Gubbins (cgubbins@hargray.com)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:48:52 -0400

Tanelle,
Whaling in itself is a really huge issue. You may want to narrow it down
to a specific whale species or a specific group of hunters (like Norway
and their Minke whale hunt, or The Eskimos hunt on Bowhead whales, or
the proposed hunt on Gray whales in Oregon!  All would make interesting
environmental studies, and there is a lot on the internet. At your local
or school library you could also begin your search in the encyclopedia.
There are many, many books on the subject out there. "Mind in the
Waters" edited by Joan McIntyre has a nice summary of the history of
whaling and some of the issues associated with it.

Good luck!
Cara